Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Graceland - Part Two

Welcome to the second half of our Graceland recap! Next we wanted to share some of our favorite sights outside of the house.

The backyard was fit with tons of room for the Presley's hobbies. Here they kept horses, raced golf carts and hosted many summer barbeques. Now the yard serves one major purpose...

Here lies Elvis, his parents, and his twin brother (who died at birth).


After paying our respects, we wandered out to the garage. Of all the Presley automobiles, this was our favorite. We both agreed it's our dream car.


How cute does Priscilla look?

The last portion of the tour was a look at Elvis' personal airplanes. He had two. One is a smaller jet, typical of the private planes many celebrities have. But the second was HUGE. We're talking almost the size of the commercial plane we took to get there.




At this point the tour was over, the rain was beginning to pour, and we were some very hungry tourists.

But before I wrap up this post, I want to leave you with my absolute FAVORITE piece of the entire tour.

There is something so pretty about this photograph. I can't quite describe it, but I never want to forget it. Thus, I snapped a quick picture on my camera and shared it with all of you.

Elvis has left the building! (Sorry, I had to say it)

No comments:

Post a Comment